Tuesday, October 21, 2008

TWD: Pumpkin Muffins


I'm back. After three long weeks of barely any baking and absolutely no time to participate in Tuesdays with Dorie, I finally cracked down and made these muffins. It was well worth it. This was a recipe I had wanted to make on my first flip-through of the book, and thanks to Kelly from Sounding My Barbaric Gulp! I finally had all the motivation I needed to make them.
The sunflower seeds on top added an interesting crunch and flavor to the muffins. The muffins themselves didn't come out as orange as I expected, but that's not such a big deal. When I started getting out all the ingredients I found out that we have no nuts in the house except for hazelnuts, and those sounded wrong in these muffins. I left out the nuts and only added golden raisins. I used the large Oxo cookie scoop to fill the muffin cups because I read on the Q&A that you could fill these all the way and not have a problem with overflow. I also took most of the TWDer's advice on the baking time, taking out the muffins at 18 minutes instead of Dorie's recommended 25.
I don't know if this tops my mom's recipe for pumpkin muffins, but I will most likely make these again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your muffins looks great! it was a good week to be able to bake.

Engineer Baker said...

Welcome back! Your muffins look wonderful, and good call on omitting the nuts - hazelnuts just don't sound right, do they?

Shelby said...

Your muffins look awesome! Glad you had the time to try them out! :)

Peggy said...

Welcome back. Your muffins look delicious! Great job.